The NYFD Has Its Conclusion in Fatal Passover Fire in Willimasburg, Brooklyn

    5

    The Fire Department has concluded that the fatal passover blaze at 104 Ross St. that killed three boys was caused by “prolonged heat” from a gas stove flame and that aluminum foil covering the cabinets and counters served to fuel the fire.

    Join our WhatsApp group

    Subscribe to our Daily Roundup Email


    They said on Thursday that its investigation also concluded that one stove burner was left in the “on” position from sundown Friday until early Monday, when firefighters arrived on the scene. They interviewed a aide who works across the hallway. She told them that she was asked from someone in apartment “2N” on Sunday evening to turn one burner off and leave one on. Some community leaders had asserted that all the burners had been turned off.

    In addition, investigators found a dead battery in the apartment’s smoke detector.


    Listen to the VINnews podcast on:

    iTunes | Spotify | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Podbean | Amazon

    Follow VINnews for Breaking News Updates


    Connect with VINnews

    Join our WhatsApp group


    5 Comments
    Most Voted
    Newest Oldest
    Inline Feedbacks
    View all comments
    ShlomaShamos
    ShlomaShamos
    19 years ago

    Hey Kvetcher, thanks for the post.

    you have a cool Blog

    Enjoy

    thekvetcher
    thekvetcher
    19 years ago

    please please the so called community activist is a highly respectable representative of a venerble PR firm. in fact he reminds me of the air filled rat you see in fron of buildings when unions are picketing.

    Anonymous
    Anonymous
    19 years ago

    I agree that it is about time to ignore that so called community activist who is nothing more that a unemployed wise guy who crawls out of his stupid hole every time there is a piece of news in the neighborhood to satisfy his hunger of attention from his contacts in the media who he calles on a daily basis, so that he will have an outlet when things occur.

    Still Wonderin'
    Still Wonderin'
    19 years ago

    Wouldn’t it be nice if the rabbonim of the community would speak as strongly about personal safety as they do about ridding one’s home of chamietz…of the internet???

    This fire was most likely a preventable tragedy that is due to ignorance and closemindedness, not FDNY practices.

    Shloma Shamos
    Shloma Shamos
    19 years ago

    Regarding the Community Activist that always jumps to be in the limelight for his personal gain. A Activist that’s all what he is, he takes half a story like the statement he got from a neighbor, that she turned off one burner, and he runs to the media with it. But he dosnt wait untill she finishes her statement, that she left the other burner on.