Borough Park Brooklyn, NY – 78 Year Old Credited With Saving Molested 4-Year-Old.

Borough Park, Brooklyn NY – Anne Paterna, 78, was sitting outside her Brooklyn home with her sister-in-law at dusk when she saw a 4-year-old girl wandering aimlessly down the street.

Join our WhatsApp group

“She passed us and I said, ‘What is this little girl doing all by herself?'” Paterna said yesterday from her house on 61st St. in Borough Park. “She seemed jittery.”

The girl, who was wearing a skirt and blouse, turned around and began walking past again, Paterna said. This time, Paterna intervened – alerted police – and, police say, may have saved the girl from further harm.

Cops credited Paterna with rescuing the little Hasidic Jewish girl who had been abducted, sexually molested and left wandering the streets

Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said the girl did not appear to know her abductor and told cops he was a white man driving a black car. Detectives were exploring whether any similar crimes have been committed in the area.

Kelly, who said the girl was not hurt, called the crime “horrendous.”

Ari Noe, a father of four who lives across the street from the girl, said it’s common for large numbers of children to be playing outside.

“A lot of the kids were playing there and all of a sudden she was missing,” he said. “Somebody took her.”

Noe said detectives came to his house at 3 a.m. Monday searching for any surveillance tapes that might have caught the attacker in the act the day before. He did not have any tapes, he said. [dailynews]

Listen to the VINnews podcast on:

iTunes | Spotify | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Podbean | Amazon

Follow VINnews for Breaking News Updates

Connect with VINnews

Join our WhatsApp group

11 Comments
    Most Voted
    Newest Oldest
    Inline Feedbacks
    16 years ago

What has our neighborhood become that little kids cannot play anymore in front of our own homes????????

16 years ago

With all due respect a child from a large family who is playing outside usually has an eye on the younger ones. It was that way when you grew up. If moms kept their kids in all the time you would find a reason why that was child abuse. They doen’t get enough sun or something.

16 years ago

I live in Bay Ridge Brooklyn. I have to go to Borough Park sometimes to go to doctors. I have seen on more than one occasion children playing outside with not one adult around. It makes me very angry. You should not expect a child of 6 or 8 year old to watch a 4 year old. All of these children were no older than 8. I think they have a false sense of security because it’s considered a safe neighborhood. Don’t you think child predators are going to look for unsupervised children. With all due respect a 21 year old woman is perfectly capable of watching her sister that’s different she’s an adult.

Olderjew
    Olderjew
    16 years ago

Nowhere in this blog or newspapers does it mention that a parent was outside supervising.

16 years ago

Who watched you OLDERJEW when u were that age

16 years ago

Ari Noe does not have a video or a photo?!?! wow what a publicist he is, atleast he got his name in the paper

moche
    moche
    16 years ago

I apologize for my first comment which was based on my having misread the headline. I noticed this as soon as I looked at it again now. I was going to post a correction but saw that thankfully Shlomah noticed my mistake and removed the comment. THANX!

16 years ago

Dearest older jew;
    my 2 year old is frequently watched by her older sister.
    Her sister is 21 and also has a two year old the aunt and niece (almost exactly the same age) get along very well. and i think my daughter is trustworthy to watch her little sister, as well as her own daughter.

16 years ago

older jew;

you must read the article before you comment.
    it clearly states that the mother was outside. and, it says nothing about older siblings.
    commenters must stop blaming victims.

Olderjew
    Olderjew
    16 years ago

Why are the children allowed to play outside without any parental supervision?
    Having an older sibling supervise is not sufficient, that is a parent’s job.

16 years ago

It is encouraging to see how an elderly woman intervened to help this child. Kudos to Anne Paterna, and thank you from the whole community.