ROCKLAND COUNTY (VINnews) — Ramapo police arrested eight men in Monsey on Passover. The arrests come just days after Albany authorized Rockland County officials to crack down on large gatherings.
Late Thursday morning, Ramapo PD was advised by a neighbor of a gathering at Congregation Shaarei Chesed, located at 92 North Saddle River Road in Monsey, NY.
A Ramapo officer was already in front of the location and additional Ramapo officers responded to assist.
The initial officer confirmed that State and Local orders with respect to gatherings were being violated, including the most recent order issued by the Rockland County Health Commissioner prohibiting gatherings of more than 10 individuals.
Ramapo officers on the scene arrested 8 adult males, all from Monsey, New York.
All 8 men were released on appearance tickets without bail.
Ramapo Police Department notified the Rockland County Department of Health and the Town of Ramapo Building Department of the incident.
Who took these pictures on Yom Tov?
Doesn’tmake sense “8 Arrested For Violating Gathering Restrictions”
“recent order issued by the Rockland County Health Commissioner prohibiting gatherings of more than 10 individuals.”
Did they have a minyan or not? Did 2 people escape?
What about all the rest of the shuls that are open?
Seriously, I know they meant no ill, but lock them up. Maybe that will warn others. Sure let them go after a few days, but make a big of this.
Vague reporting… was it a “large” gathering? Only 8 arrested? Doesnt sound right. Oh by the way, these pictures were provided by the Ramapo PD. Trust me, if there were large gatherings the pictures would have showed it. With that said, I wonder how many people were really there and if the gathering was indeed a violation of cdc guidelines.
The dems took away our civil liberties.
Socialism at its best.
Stupid selfish people are poking the eye of the anti-semites.
Stay home and pray 24/7.
This is a time of great danger not only to the other nations but especially to the Jewish people and especially those who live outside of Israel.
The Jews in Israel have a chance, those outside of Israel are at the mercy of their hosts.
Unfortunately the police can’t read Hebrew.
With a name like Sharai Chaised they should of figured out that these people are doing only Chesed by protecting the whole community with its one and only minyan in town. But Nebach the goyim don’t read or understand Hebrew.
There is no freedom of religion issue. The ban is utterly neutral towards religion, and gatherings have been banned during times of disease during the entirety of the existence of the United States. Completely Constitutional. How horrible these idiots show such disrespect for the law and for their neighbors.
I am really amazed at people who think davening with a minyan is more important than saving lives. If you actually knew Halacha you would know how pathetic that position is. Shame on any Shul still open you have the Din of a Rodef.
How long before the president bounces Dr. Fauci? He’s a swamp rat looking to undercut him. He’s in cahoots with the reporter who asked about the report by an Obama appointed official who never let on about the “findings”.
Fauci saluted the reporter with a gesture at the end of the presser. It ‘s on video.
Get Fauci the heck out of there.
If you attend a shul you need to work it out with the nypd like some smart shuls in nyc did. Otherwise they will come down hard on you and so will the vigilantes who then post this junk on vin . Not worth the headache
Bh I actually attended a beautiful social distanced porch minyan over yom tov.
It was far safer than any grocery and hardware store shopping . And safer than all the street shmuzing
Bh I was zocheh to hear tal and duchaning
Here were the vigilant safety precautions we took
Everyone stood 25 feet apart
No one behind anyone so we faced the front without breathing on anyone
All wore masks
Only outdoors so no touching what yenim touched
Bring your own machzor
No socializing after Davening .
Yes our local rav attended
I encourage those that can to make such minyanim
Bottom line “Essential” are what’s important for you . Is Milk more important than bichas kohanim?
How about pushing for free food with no Social distance Or masks during a distribution I attended erev Pesach ? Is that more “ essential “?
BUT we also have the SHulchan Aruch that say WE listen to DR’s when it come to (eeven) Chilul Shabbos and eating on YK….so Freedom/Shmeedom….
Moshe Ben Amram
What’s that ?
For the Jews? Nah…..
and people wonder why Rockland county NY has a per capita infection rate that is DOUBLE that of NYC. Stop the chillul Hashem already.
It is a big chilul hashem to currently have a minyan
Easy to say when you are not religious . Do not lock em
Up Assuming they abided by proper social distancing
So we basically have a “do as I say, not as I do” situation. Are the Rabbonim better than us? They tell us it’s assur to daven with a Minyan but yet they themselves daven in a undisclosed basement minyan. I know this for a fact. My own Rav admitted it to me, by mistake.
Outside Eretz Yisroel, it is definitely and completely forbidden to make minyonim!! If you mamesh can’t daven beyechidus, better not to daven! Don’t dictate to Hashem how to serve Him. Davening outside with a minyan is avoda zara. Hashem said He wants you to daven beyechidis and you’ll show Him how it’s done with a minyan. That’s right, I’ll outsmart Hashem! That’s not yiddishkeit. Be careful not to allow those people to touch your non mevushal wine in the future.
No, of course they all stood 25 feet away so they tossed the water 25 feet.
If everyone was separated by 25 feet a minyon of only 10 needed 250 linear feet.
If this was in a Brooklyn neighborhood they would have had to stand at the furthest side of the porch from the next house or across the street from each other to achieve the 25 foot distance between each that Educated Archy claimed.
Did your local Rav ask his Rav if this was ok?
The rav told the kohanim to go into their Own houses and was hands separately no social mingeling or touching at all. This was a block minyan
Huge chillul Hashem! Shame on them on those who defend them. At best, a mitzvah ha’ba b’avairah.
UA, I know who you are and I will publicize your name. You live in BP on 45th St. Be very afraid…!
1. There have been and still are certain rabbonim who say that minyanim should continue. Anyone that says “all poskim” is untrue. Assuming that the person doesn’t have a psak from his r
2. If a person had the virus and recovered would not be possible to infect others. So davening with a minyan would not be putting anyone at risk.
3. There seem to be details missing from this story. A Minyan would be ten however only eight were arrested. And as far as I am aware the limit in New York State is fifty people.
4. The Ramapo police and Rockland County officials have shown time and time again that they very much dislike the yidden. Why must you assume that this time is so different?
My goal is NOT to defend these peopleas I do not know the details myself. I’m simply pointing out that there are so many really mean comments here.
You should try to be Dan L’kaf zchus. Maybe there is a legitimate explanation for all this. I keep seeing the same commenters now touting Rav Chaim’s psak as Daas Torah. When is earlier psak didn’t align with their views, the we’re yelling we should listen to the doctors and not Daas Torah.
Archie: all I will say is, a friend of mine yelled for weeks that he needed his minyan and he joined an “extremely safe” backyard minyan. And he tested positive this week. We dont know where it came from or when… But the irony is clear as day.
Yosef, in reply to your points:
1) Please identify who, because no one I’ve asked has said this. My ruv specifically paskined for our kehila not to make porch minyamin and (in my area) it’s generally the accepted psak halacha. I live on the same block as a well know Adam gadol, and there is no backyard minyamin here.
2) this has been proven wrong by the doctors. Recovered patients with no symptoms tested positive two weeks later, and another group caught the virus a second time around. I personally know ppl in both categories. They are testing recovered patients for antibodies, some have and some don’t.
3) only eight fought back. Some men left quietly. That’s what I heard but can’t confirm.
4) hard to know their motivation. But churches all around ny are also being shutdown. Hard to scream anti-semetism when the Jews are violating the rules and the same standards apply to the goyim.
I’m with you all the way.
I see minyanim on every block here in Brooklyn. Some are in hallways. Some in back yards. Some in driveways. And some are on streets where the Chazon stands in middle of the street and all the neighbors stand on their porches or rooftops with utmost concentration. It’s a pleasure to watch. It gives me goosebumps. It reminds me of how Jews sacrificed to learn and Daven from Roman times to Holocaust era to our now democRATic dictatorship under local democRATs. Hopefully will outvote these dictators. No one gets sick from davening only if they talk during davening. There are many good things that came out in Israel because of this pendamic. First of all there was a major reduction in public chillul Shabbos. The gay parades all over Israel were cancelled. That alone was worth the pendamic. Things are starting to look good. The secular Israelis stopped drafting yeshiva boys as they fear they are infected. It’s beautiful.
And yet we wonder why so many people hate Jews.
Your all just a bunch of meat heads for trying to have an, intelligent (or any type of) discussion with archie.
I get it, flies like to hang out around a pile of manure, but your all better than flies.
And just to add.
The secular Israelis fear the chareidim. That’s the way it should be. Chareidim are the elite Jews. Remember that. They know carona can destroy all the secular leaders who are older as most chareidim are young. We have the power. Educated Archie is correct. You anti Chareidi characters must stay mute when educated Archie explains things.
1. I do not believe it is necessary to point out which rabbonim are allowing the minyanim. Clearly there are minyanim happening in shuls. I would assume that those people are not breaking in to daven. As there are lots of shuls where the rav does not allow it to happen. And no minyanim happen in those shuls. Your ”
generally the accepted psak halacha” does not mean that everyone is forced to accept this. Each person should go to his own rav for halachic guidance.
2. So switch my previous comment to people with antibodies should be allowed to join minyanim.
3. I haven’t personally heard. Any other details than this story. But I have recently become very wary of any news story. Everything seems to be missing important details. Some are even outright lies.
4. As far as my understanding, the law currently does not make minyanim illegal. It’s not adhering to social distancing standards.
A few questions about these “minyanim”:
1. How do they layn? Do they call up guys from over 25 feet away and the baal koreh leaves while he gets there? Hagb/glila, etc.? Kiss the sefer Torah with tzizis, other( they’ve found that the virus sticks to the stones of the Kotel, so no kissing there). Do they wear masks?
2. The men are out in the back yards but the children are kept indoors? Or do they run around between the 25 feet?
3. All Yiddin in the neighborhood, or do neighbors mow the lawn, hang laundry, play ball during davening?
4. Do the men feel a teensy bit guilty when making a mishibairach for cholim?
There were porch minyanim and there’s nothing wrong with that. The hate on this site rivals right-wing anti-Semitic hate. Minyanim are allowed outdoors if you are standing over 6 feet away. Over 118,350 people died worldwide because of the virus, do you think they all attended minyanim?!
Stop with your hate already.
“Minyanim are allowed outdoors if you are standing over 6 feet away.”
Im curious for the source in halacha that 10 men spread spread out over an area of 60 feet, outdoors, is considered a tzibbur. I can see that being inside a large room, or an enclosed areathat the room/enclosure would join them… how does being outside join together people spread out over 60 feet (or in archies case, 250 feet) into a tzibbur. Why doesnt opening all the widows with each person davening at their window accomplish the same thing in joining everyone on the block, or the entire neighborhood into one large tzibbur.
It’s not difficult to avoid or get rid of Coronavirus.
I discussed it today with medical experts
You need to drink at least ten cups of tea
You need ginger vitamin c and zync.
You need to cook up hot water and cover your head with a towel and breath in the hot vapors.
You can also use a hair blow dryer to your mouth but keep a spray bottle of cold water I case it gets too hot in your mouth.
Also cut up onions in Half and place around your house. These are secrets every hospital should do.