by the Kosher Foody
Did you ever think about Breaded Green Bean Fries? It is easy to make and delicious! It can be done in 5 easy steps:
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and put your fresh and cleaned green beans in it for 2 minutes. You are blanching and not cooking them!
- Put the green beans in a bowl of heavily iced water (after having dumped the hot water).
- Prepare 3 bowls: One with flour, a second with beaten eggs and a third with bread crumbs and a little salt.
- Heat up oil in a frying pan.
- Now take the green beans and put it in each of the 3 bowls and then fry them for 4 minutes each until golden brown. Dry off the excess oil.
- As an extra, it tastes fantastic with some shredded Mozarrella cheese on it!
A mayo/onion dip works well!