NEW YORK (VINnews) — A document is being spread online and on social media, written on the letterhead of the Central Rabbinical Congress of USA and Canada, aka the Hasachdus HaRabbanim, a Chassidic organization based in Williamsburg, which oversees kashrus and other halacha matters.
The statement discusses the conflict between Elon Musk and the ADL.
VIN News has not been able to verify the authenticity of the document, and if it is genuine, it would be somewhat rare in that it is mainly a political statement, and not directly connected to Halacha, albeit highly relevant to the frum Jewish community and its Hashkafa. (It is also interesting to note that the statement is in English, not Hebrew or Yiddish.)
The statement reads in part:
In response to the current public dispute between the ADL and Elon Musk, we would like to publicize the clear stance of the Torah.
1. The Torah is the Jewish people’s sole authority, and therefore the ADL and such organizations do not speak for the Jewish people. They do what is beneficial for their agenda and not necessarily for the Jews.
2. The Torah approach is summed up in the words of Proverbs 3:17, “Its ways are ways of pleasantness and all its paths are peace.” The Torah teaches us to be gentle and humble people. Boycotts, sanctions and the like are not the way of the Torah; they run against our Jewish character.
3. As American Jews, we are deeply opposed to politicizing anti-Semitism. Also, drawing attention to every minor infraction only gives rise to more hatred…
4. As American Jews, we are obligated by the Torah to be humble, law-abiding citizens with our focus on what is in the best interest of the USA. No foreign country represents us in any way whatsoever.
5. Jews and Judaism are a religion, not a form of nationalism…
We hope for the day when the glory of G-d will be revealed and there will be peace throughout the world.
The Central Rabbinical Congress of USA and Canada