Bnei Brak – A fire broke out on Yom Tov, Thursday evening in the Vizhnitz Synagogoue on Torat Yisrael Street in Bnei Brak, during Sukkot services. Fire crews evacuated the congregants safely but several Torah scrolls were consumed in the fire.
Moshe Veitzman, a rescue volunteer, told Arutz Sheva’s Hebrew service that three people were lightly hurt and evacuated to hospitals. The congregants tried to save burning Torah scrolls from the Torah Ark but were only able to save three of the scrolls that were housed there.
The current assessment is that the fire was caused by a malfunction in the electric fan inside the Aron Kodesh.